07 May, 2010

Let me think about... the "Doctor Who"

Usually rather popular things are thought to have no hidden meaning or rather good things are not popular enough.  I`m going to take sometimes some of them for a discussion.

The Second - "Would you like to be him?" Discussion of the "Doctor Who" series.


Here`re only two faces of the caracter of the series - the best ones I think. "Doctor Who" is well known in Great Britain, in the USA, but not in Russia. Why? Almost all of the reviews I`ve seen are good, I mean, people, who watched it, enjoyed it a lot. One Russian said that there`re no logic at all, anything can happen that even doesn`t have a sense in the plot`s rules. Actually, it`s not as "fairytaleous" as the "Charmed" for example, and it really doesn`t have a right to have any mistakes, but it doesn`t, really doesn`t! I think, that`s the series that should be shown on the STS channel and not our stupid "Margosha", "Daddy`s daughters" and so on.


Anyway almost all of the people noticed a psychological, serious side of it.You know, these questions about wars, genocide are really important and they`re here as well as the problem of having this kind of life as he has got: always feel the pain, to be so lonely when nobody can understand you exept of your enemies. I just want to say, that the side was made extraodinary well - the way I even couldn`t expect it to be. I think it`s just underestimated. The situation with this thing was the same as with the "Equilibrium" movie - when I showed it to my parents and friends the reaction was just like "And what? What is so special about it?" Tell me why I can`t understand it and just not to pay attention to them - it makes me doubt very much: may be I`m wrong...

Another question is what`s so special about David McDonald (Tennant - as you know, the name was taken of one of the "Pet Shop Boys" band musicians)? He is not extremely handsome, not extremely famous in his almost 40s. Answer: as I see, a lot of really well-known actors (take any of celebrities) play so as the caracter of the movie should behave. And that`s right. But you never can see him in one or another role when, for example, you see his photo or watch another movie of him. It seems to me that David likes to choose caracter for himself. Or, no, he plays in his own style, and that`s why it seems this way. When I watch a rare film with him, I`ll see only Doctor. (no, it isn`t true now:)) May be it is bad. But it is the difference.

If it was true, would I like to be like The Doctor? No, of course.
Would I like to be with The Doctor? Definitely!

(Next - "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow")

No comments:

Post a Comment